Question Your Eating Habits
How, what, when, where and why do you eat? Is it different each day or when you’re working or not working; and how about who you are with? Never noticed? Your response to these questions will tell you a lot about your current health, any weight issues and your propensity towards ongoing good health. Being aware will also help you to make some small adjustments that can make a huge difference in your life.
Answer these questions and decide what you can do for healthier lifestyle options.
- Do you eat quickly – never really taste your food?
- Is the last bite of your food as cold or as hot as the first bite?
- Barely chew your food and swallow food almost whole?
- Do you tend to clean the plate, get seconds and overeat to the point where you are stuffed?
- Can you hold a conversation while eating a meal?
- Or are you a slow eater?
- Really enjoy the flavours and textures of your foods?
- Chew well and maybe put your fork down between bites?
- Are you double or triple tasking while eating?
- Do you plan meals in advance?
- Make food choices as you go?
- Do you food shop with a list?
- Are you an adventurous eater?
- Are you picky with foods – eating the same foods the majority of times?
- Do you use all the food groups?
- Do you put much effort into trying new recipes?
- Does someone do the cooking for you?
- Do you enjoy cooking?
- Do you use pre-packaged (ready to go foods)?
- Do you stay hydrated throughout the day?
- Do your food choices change with the seasons?
- Do you supersize portions?
- Do you know what portion control is?
- Do you have health issues that could be improved with good foods and eating habits?
- Do you eat at typical meal times?
- Do you skip meals?
- Do you have different eating patterns depending on the day?
- Do you eat late at night?
- Do you plan your meals and snacks appropriate to your schedule for the day?
- Do you often eat big after exercise?
- When is your largest meal of the day?
- Do you eat light during the week so that you can have the ‘extras’ on the weekends or days off?
- Do vacation or holiday periods mean pig out and party time?
- Do you eat frequently while standing or when you’re on the run?
- Do you eat in the car?
- Eat in front of the TV, computer or at your desk?
- Do you eat in bed?
- Do you eat while cooking or when clearing up after a meal?
- Do you often grab any food when you’re out and about?
- Do you eat more when no one else is around?
- Do you hide food and snacks?
- Do you make a point of eating at a table and taking the time for your meal?
- Do you eat more when dining out because “I’m paying for it – so I will eat the whole thing” attitude?
- Do you eat when hungry or because of the clock (time of day)?
- Do you eat when under stress, feeling sad, angry or emotional?
- Do you choose foods for comfort?
- Do you choose foods around your activities in your day?
- Do you think foods that are low fat, sugar free, sodium reduced, etc. are better for you?
- Do you stop eating when you are satisfied or when you are full?
- Do you choose foods for their nutrient value?
- Do you choose for energy?
- Do you follow an advised meal plan from your physician or other certified person?
- Do you have acute or chronic health issues and eat appropriately?
- Do you know that food and water are the absolute foundation of your health and proper eating can prevent, reduce or eliminate over 50% of all health problems?
- Do you think meal planning, label reading and finding healthy foods at reasonable costs are in the too hard basket?
- Do you find it hard to say “No, thank you” to someone offering you food?
- Do you eat everything on your plate no matter how full you are or because that’s what you were taught?
- Do you eat differently when you are alone?
- Do you tend to follow the crowd’s choices (good or not so good) when eating out?
- Are you a leader in suggesting food options when with others?
Food for thought – Question Your Eating Habits
What were your responses and do you now have an awareness of your habits that you didn’t have before? Just a few changes over time can make a significant difference to your health.
Visit Essentials In Life Wellness Centre where our expertise will help you to “Live Life at Your Best!” Every client has plans developed and tailored for wellness specific to their needs.
What are you waiting for? How many times have you said “I will do something tomorrow!”? When tomorrow arrives what will you be doing?