The Health Benefits of Far-Infrared Heat Therapy
FAR – INFRARED THERAPY by Sunlighten Saunas has been clinically proven to provide health benefits. When using Infrared Therapy, the outcome is a deeper sweat at lower temperatures – providing a multitude of health and overall wellness benefits.
Essentials In Life has the mPulse Conquer Infrared Therapy, a medical grade unit, specifically designed and pre-programmed to provide the same unique infrared wave length combinations, proven in clinical studies, to promote improved benefits in the following areas:
- Cardio and Vascular Health
- Weight Loss
- Pain Relief, Muscle and Joint Flexibility
- Skin Health and Rejuvenation
Unlike steam saunas, people with asthma or other respiratory problems can take advantage of infrared therapy as it will not initiate any breathing distress. Sessions run between 30 and 40 minutes. You can listen to relaxing music, read a book or just ‘zen out’ for that important quiet time. The unit is large and there is no sense of confinement.
Follow your infrared treatment with our zero gravity massage chair and you will have further improved your relaxation level; as well as improve your lymphatic flow.
What other benefits will I get from Infrared Sauna Therapy?
With regular use studies show clients have experienced:
- Improved lymphatic flow, allowing improved excretion of toxins
- Removal of heavy toxins such as lead, mercury, cadmium and aluminium, arsenic, pesticides, industrial chemicals, gasoline, uric acid, sulphuric acid, sodium, cholesterol, ammonia, alcohol, nicotine and other drugs
- Pain management for conditions such as chronic pain, arthritis and fibromyalgia; and assists in the treatment of rheumatoid joint conditions, spinal cord shock, muscle spasms, sports injuries and repetitive stress syndromes
- Weight loss through passive cardiovascular conditioning which increases heart rate, metabolism and caloric burn. Blood flow doubles during a session causing a calorie burn of 300-600 calories. Also with thermal heat lowered cholesterol, blood sugar and triglycerides have been documented.
- Blood Pressure is lowered, as is LDL (bad cholesterol) through increased blood vessel dilation which increases the elasticity of veins and arteries.
- Stress Relief is actioned by the relaxing effect of heat and infrared waves on the body’s motor neurological and circulatory systems that become overworked in times of stress. Studies show increase energy levels in chronic fatigue patients following FIR therapy.
- Skin purification and rejuvenation happens from head to toe by opening pores and allowing blockages to clear everywhere on the body. FIR Sauna therapy has been proven to greatly assist in the treatment of Psoriasis, acne and eczema.
- A compliment to other therapies as many chiropractors, physiotherapists and other alternative (holistic health) wellness providers around the world now use far-infrared to promote muscle, bone and sports injury recovery, alleviate back and neck pain, to reduce/eliminate chronic tension headaches and to eliminate health inhibiting toxic burdens from the body. It works well with all tactile therapies as it warms up the muscles and the tissues are oxygenated before working on them.
- Personal benefits are many; the greatest being regular use of far-infrared therapy can possibly prevent disease in an easy, relaxing and luxurious way.
What is Far-Infrared?
Far infrared (FIR) heat produces heat waves that vibrate the ion bonds of the atoms holding molecules of water together. As the agitation continues, breakdown of the water molecules occurs; and encapsulated toxins are released and perspired out of the body via the skin – the human body’s more direct and largest excretory system.
All humans send and receive Far-infrared waves. The range of infrared waves generated by the human body is 6 to 20 microns. The optimal micron output range is between 7 and 14 microns which is very close to the resonant frequency of a water molecule. This makes sense as our bodies are approximately 70% water.
These ranges, sometimes called “Vital Rays”, have special regenerative effects on the body with a good portion of the wave length performance at 9.4 microns – the frequency at which a water molecule resonates or vibrates. This optimal micron output also allows for deeper penetration of the Far-infrared heat, which improves circulation, detoxification, pain relief and peripheral blood flow.
Protocols for Infrared Therapy Treatments:
- Hydrate with one half to one litre of water within 2 hours prior to use
- Clothing options – sarong, swimmers, or loose and light weight active wear such as shorts and top
- Remove heavy jewellery, watches, bracelets and chunky necklaces
- Hydrate during the session – water is provided for you
- Bring a book or your own music CD or just relax!!!
- Allow approx 10+ minutes following the session to reacclimatise your body to outside temperatures
- Hydrate following the Infrared Therapy with 1 litre of water within 2 hours following the session
- NOTE: We do not recommend using your phone or notepads, laptops, etc. in the sauna as they could overheat. We will not be held responsible for electronic problems should you use any equipment in the Sauna.
NOTE: Certain health conditions or medications may require medical clearance prior to Infrared Therapy. For more information please consult Connie at Essentials In Life.